Ministry of Hemp selected some of the best CBD-infused products to help you get to sleep.
Lots of people struggle with getting to sleep, or staying asleep. While insomnia was already sadly commonplace, some reports suggest that worry over the COVID-19 pandemic is making it much harder to sleep.
CBD is becoming one of the most popular over-the-counter, natural solutions to this problem, for lots of people. Finding the best CBD products for sleep is easier said than done, however, with so many options to choose from. We picked from some of our favorite CBD brands to create this guide to getting a better night’s sleep with CBD.
Scroll down and we’ll show you 9 of the best CBD products for sleep. But first, we wanted to talk briefly about CBD and sleep and how we picked our favorites.
There’s more than just CBD and melatonin
For our guide to the best CBD products for sleep, we wanted to look a little deeper than you might expect.
Melatonin is probably the most common over-the-counter sleep aid available. As a result, it’s no surprise that there are dozens of products which combine CBD and melatonin. However, an optimal melatonin dosage varies a lot from person to person, so many people may find it easier to take CBD and melatonin separately, and others may want to avoid melatonin altogether. We’ve included just one product below with both melatonin and CBD. Many other CBD companies, including several of our Top CBD Brands, also offer this combination.
Natural sleep aids like CBD, melatonin, and the cannabinoid CBN can benefit each other
CBN, another cannabinoid found in hemp and cannabis, is also an up and coming sleep aid. As we explained in our guide to CBN, there’s no research which proves that cannabinol helps people sleep better. Even so, consumer reports suggest that many people find it helpful. We’ve included some products with CBN in our Best CBD for Sleep roundup, so you can try for yourself.
In addition to tinctures and edibles that will help you fall asleep, or sleep deeper, we also selected products that can help you relax and calm down before bed. Creating a restful atmosphere, and soothing away the stresses of the day, is so important.
Of course, we only picked CBD products which met our exacting standards of quality and transparency. Complete ingredient lists, as well as third-party lab results that prove their purity and potency, can be found on each brand’s website.
The 9 Best CBD Products For A Better Night’s Sleep
Below, you’ll find the 9 best CBD products to promote a better night’s sleep. They are listed in no particular order.
Ministry of Hemp received free products in return for writing this review. If you buy products using the links below or use our discount coupons, we may receive a percentage of the sales. We only selected the best CBD for sleep to include in this top product roundup. We always promise to give you our honest opinion.
Choose from the list, or read on to see all the products we selected.
Receptra Serious Rest + Chamomile Tincture
- Product: Receptra Serious Rest + Chamomile Tincture is a carefully crafted blend of full-spectrum CBD with chamomile, valerian, and terpenes like linalool.
- Strength: 25mg full-spectrum CBD per 1ml dropper in a 30ml (1 ounce) bottle
- Price: $79.99
- Why we love it: Receptra really went above and beyond to create this blend, with so many natural and organic ingredients designed to promote better sleep. See our full product review for more reasons we love this tincture. Also available in delicious gummy form.
Mission Farms Rest CBD Bath Soak
- Product: Rest CBD Bath Soak from Mission Farms is a luxury goats milk soak, infused with the relaxing power of cannabidiol and added lavender.
- Strength: 175mg of CBD per 3.5oz bag of bath soak, also available in 7oz size
- Price: $20 – $39
- Why we love it: The combination of CBD and goats milk soothes your mind while nourishing your skin. Not only is goats milk good for your skin all by itself, it contains a lot of MCT (medium-chain triglycerides), a compound that binds to CBD and helps your skin absorb more.
Winged Sleepy CBD Gummies
- Product: Winged Sleepy CBD Gummies includes 10mg of full-spectrum CBD … plus 5-HTP, melatonin, GABA, evening primrose oil, and other carefully formulated ingredients.
- Strength: 10mg full-spectrum CBD per gummy, 21 gummies per bottle
- Price: $35.00
- Coupon code: Use code MOH20 for 20% off your order!
- Why we love it: This gummy contains just 2mg of melatonin, a very low dose. You’ll probably find this unique cocktail of “sleepy” supplements gets you dozing off quickly. Winged CBD products are formulated for women but our whole team loves them. We’ve also reviewed Winged’s great-tasting Relaxation Gummies.
Slumber Sleep Aid CBN Sample Pack
- Product: This CBN Sample Pack from Slumber lets you experiment with the benefits of CBN alone, or try adding it to your existing CBD regimen, before you buy a full bottle.
- Strength: 3 vials containing 10mg of CBN isolate each, and 6 softgels containing 5mg of CBN isolate each
- Price: $30.00
- Why we love it: Slumber CBN lets you try just cannabinol by itself to see how if helps you rest and unwind. We love products like this which don’t require much upfront investment, but give you a chance to experiment with something new. Slumber’s Ethan Carr recently discussed the benefits of CBN on our podcast.
Neurogan CBD + Chamomile Tea
- Product: Neurogan CBD + Chamomile Tea combines the renowned sleep aid chamomile with raw hemp leaves for a caffeine-free, relaxing end-of-day drink.
- Strength: 20mg CBD per tea bag, 20 teabags per box
- Price: $19.95
- Why we love it: Hemp tea tastes really great, with a nutty earthy flavor … even before you get into its relaxing effects. And, of course, our grandmothers were right that chamomile really can help you relax!
Blue Forest Farms Dream CBN Dream Formula
- Product: Blue Forest Farm’s “Advanced” CBN Dream Formula tincture combines farm-grown hemp cannabinoids CBD & CBN with a unique bananas foster flavor.
- Strength: Broad spectrum tincture with 10mg CBD and 5mg CBN per 1ml dropper in a 30ml (1 ounce) bottle
- Price: $64.99
- Coupon code: Use code MOH20 for 20% off your order!
- Why we love it: This is a perfect combination of potent cannabinoids, making it one of the best CBD products for light sleepers or people who can’t sleep due to anxiety, pain and other troubling issues. Blue Forest Farms also makes one of our favorite CBD gummies.
Extract Labs PM Formula CBN Softgels
- Product: Extract Labs PM Formula Softgels offer make it easy to get a potent, reliable dose of both CBD and CBN every night.
- Strength: Full spectrum formula with 30mg CBD and 10mg CBN per softgel, 30 softgels per bottle
- Price: $99
- Why we love it: This 3:1 formula offers a strong dose of two major cannabinoids that may help people sleep better, plus the full host of trace cannabinoids and hemp compounds that can work together so well to create the “entourage effect.”
Kush Queen Sleep CBD Bath Bomb
- Product: This Sleep CBD Bath Bomb from Kush Queen induces intense calm and relaxation as you soak your troubles away.
- Strength: Available in doses of 25mg, 100mg or 200mg of CBD isolate per bath bomb
- Price: $12.99 – $20
- Why we love it: Everything about this bath bomb made our reviewer feel relaxed, from the amazingly soothing scent to the all-over relaxation that comes from soaking in CBD.
Smylin Odisea CBD Coconut Face Mask
- Product: The Odisea CBD Coconut Face Mask from Smilyn Wellness hydrates and soothes your skin through this disposable, fully biodegradable face mask.
- Strength: 10mg CBD isolate per face mask, available in packs of 1, 3, 5 and 10 masks
- Price: $7 – $50
- Why we love it: We love face masks but a lot of them are full of hard to pronounce chemical ingredients. This biodegradable face mask from Smilyn Wellness combines CBD with skin-healing botanical ingredients like rosemary, black licorice, and coconut water.
Drew De Los Santos contributed to these reviews.