CBD is short for cannabidiol. It’s just one of over 100 related compounds made by the hemp plant.
CBD is a popular health supplement for dogs in the form of a CBD-infused oil.
Pet owners use CBD oils to support dogs with chronic pain, inflammation, separation anxiety, and more.
Not all CBD pet oils work, and many products deliver low value for the money. Learning how to spot the best CBD oils for dogs can save you a lot of money in the long run.
Here, we’ll cover how to shop for CBD pet oils, how to find the right potency for your dog, and how much to use for each dose.
We’ll also provide a list of the top three CBD oils for dogs currently on the market.
Best CBD Oils For Dogs: 2020
- Royal CBD – Award Winning, Best CBD Oil Overall
- Gold Bee – Runner Up, Quality Product at a Good Price
- Blessed CBD – Potent CBD, But Only Ships to the UK
1. Royal CBD Oil — Editor’s Pick
Royal CBD is a popular choice for pet owners looking for premium CBD products to help their dogs manage chronic stress or anxiety.
These oils are made from the same high-quality hemp extract the company is known for in its regular CBD oils line — but with pet-friendly potencies and flavors.
You can buy these oils in the following potencies:
- 125 mg per ounce for small dogs
- 250 mg per ounce for medium-sized dogs
- 500 mg for large dogs
All Royal CBD pet oils come in a dog-friendly bacon flavor. The company recommends mixing this oil with your dog’s food.
This brand provides all third-party test results publicly to prove the CBD concentration and full-spectrum status match what’s claimed on the bottle. Other tests are also done to prove the purity and safety of these oils.
Royal CBD is one of the most popular brands in the industry. They’ve been recommended as the number one CBD oil for dogs suffering from anxiety, chronic pain, and more by digital publishers such as SF Weekly, We Be High, CFAH, SF Examiner, and Weed News.
- Offered in specific pet-friendly potencies & flavor
- Provides the full-spectrum of hemp-derived cannabinoids
- Third-party tested for full transparency
- Only sold through the brand’s online shop (not sold in-store)
2. Gold Bee CBD Oil — Runner-Up
Gold Bee doesn’t carry a pet-specific product. However, they don’t actually need to be for these oils to work with dogs.
There’s no fundamental difference between a CBD oil made for humans and a CBD oil made for dogs.
The most important thing is that you get the right potency for your dog to avoid giving them too much or too little CBD at a time. This is the main advantage a dedicated pet oil has over regular CBD products.
When it comes to giving CBD to dogs, go for the 300 mg CBD oil for small and medium dogs, and the 600 mg bottle for large dogs.
These oils come in two different flavor options — unflavored and honey. Most dogs will prefer the unflavored version of the oil, especially if you mix it in with their food.
For very picky dogs, it’s better to go with the Royal CBD bacon-flavored pet oil.
- Gold Bee oils are exceptionally high quality, yet charge the industry average for its oils
- Made from organically-grown hemp from the state of California
- The 300 and 600 mg unflavored CBD oils are well suited for both dogs & humans
- No pet-specific flavor options
- High-demand means these products often sell out
3. Blessed CBD Oil — UK’s Best CBD Oil
Blessed CBD is based out of the UK. We’ve included them on our list as an option for people living in the United Kingdom or neighboring countries.
These oils are some of the best in the business in the UK. Blessed CBD was one of the first companies to start independently testing all its products, and sources only organic…