5Buds Cannabis is a permitted Saskatchewan cannabis retailer operating stores in Warman, North Battleford and Yorkton, with two more locations opening early 2021. We are professional and care about the experience of our customers and the quality and safety of our products. 5Buds Cannabis is owned by four successful Saskatchewan First Nation economic development companies.
5Buds is looking for an experienced Managing Director who will be responsible for the overall direction and operations of our five locations, including financial oversight, administration, human resources and retail management. This role will also be responsible for the development of and implementation of board approved strategic plans including looking for strategic growth opportunities for 5Buds. The Managing Director will be accountable and responsible to the Board of Directors. The position will be based at the Warman 5Buds.
Operation Director Responsibilities
- Ensure the successful financial operations and growth of the 5Buds Cannabis stores, through ongoing strategy development, implementation, financial analysis, management and oversight.
- Plan and action a regular cycle of store visits, ensuring 5Buds customer service standards are met as well as encouraging, training and guiding store managers to operate profitable stores, utilizing best practices in retail operations and achieve 5Buds mission, vision and goals
- Regularly review 5Buds customer service and operations and implement new policies and procedures when necessary.
- Ensure adherence to SLGA cannabis regulations and Worksafe regulations across all sites.
- Ensure the availability of products by developing/maintaining supplier relationship, approving contracts and securing inventory.
- Maintain inventory ordering and receiving practices to ensure maximum margins and adherence to SLGA requirements
- Achieve financial objectives including developing an annual budget, KPI’s and preparing reviews of store performance as well as presenting regular financial and operating reporting to the board.
- Meet with the board on a quarterly basis to review store performance, discuss goals and vision and the development and implementation of the strategic plan including growth opportunities.
- Perform HR functions with regards to the recruitment, training and evaluating store managers as well as develop and implement customer service and cannabis training programs for all stores.
- Provide leadership to managers, including planning and chairing weekly meetings to give guidance and counsel store managers towards continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership in marketing and promotion activities in accordance with SLGA guidelines, including annual planning and ensuring the on-going maintenance of the 5Buds website and social media channels.
- Identify areas of strategic growth and development of the 5Buds stores and brand.
Operation Director Qualifications
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Business degree or diploma preferred, but not required
- 5+ years multi unit retail management experience
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship management skills
- Experience working with a board of directors will be considered a strong asset.
- Ability to participate in SLGA background checks
- Experience liaising with SLGA, or working in an industry regulated by SLGA will be considered a strong asset.
- Valid Canadian Driver’s License
Skills and Experience Required
- Entrepreneurial spirit, motivation and drive
- Team leader
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and strategic planner
- Ability to meet objectives
- Ability to travel
Send us your resume and a brief cover letter before October 28, 2020
Application deadline: 2020-10-28
Expected start date: 2020-11-30
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care